You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Paintin the Newell!

Would you like to come and paint ours?

Over the winter I repainted one of the accent stripes on our rig. I knew it would be a job, but I was amazed at how much I underestimated the physical labor involved. I have a tremendous appreciation for the work that Dean put into that paint job. So just imagine for a second, that in order to wet sand and buff the clear coat, it is the equivalent of buffing the entire coach and all the nooks and crannies, about 10 ten times. I know now why even a simple paint job on an RV can be 10K, and multicolor one 25K and up.

Dean should be very proud of all his efforts to bring a once vandalized coach back to original or better condition. I hope it serves him and his family well in traveling the country.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My Newell had some damage on the bay doors when purchased. Before repainting I wanted to repair. In order to work the aluminum from the back side I drilled a 4” hole in the inner panel. These pics show the process. It is not perfect.... It’s very difficult to shrink the stretched aluminum. Pic 3 shows the outside after metal work was completed. It took very little filler. I epoxied the patch on, squirted some foam insulation and will finish it off later.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Looks amazing Dean.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Wow I'm awe - nicely done

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

Looks very nice!

Pam

Jeff and Pam Reganall
1996 45' Newell Coach #432 Series 60, Allison 6 Speed
Towing 2012 3/4T Ram Truck loaded with the RZR XP Turbo

Unlike Dean I don't plan to take on a repaint. The coach is a 9 unless you look at the front and rear air deflectors and tops of the slides when out where there is clear coat deterioration. I'm looking for someone in Tucson or the "close" SW who can remedy this situation. Appreciate any suggestions.

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer"