You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coach Shopping

Hi there,
I recently joined the site to gain knowledge about Newell Coach's as I am slowly starting to shop for one.  I have owned a deisel pusher coach in recent years but sold it due to lack of use.....I still have kids just finishing up school so leaving for long periods was not an option.  I'd like to get back into traveling with a coach and I want to purchase a well built one, not another production line build.  So my question is, are there any year(s) that a person should be aware of that were prone to issues or problems?  Before I buy I will edjucate myself so there will likely be more questions.
Thanks
Devin

Devin,

There is entire section on the forum dedicated to the subject of shopping for a Newell. Take your time and read all the posts there, and many of your questions will have been answered.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,
Thanks for the directions....I stumbled across that section after I posted my question.....must be the cold weather up here tht is effecting my reaction time!
Devin

After you have a chance to digest that, then let us know a few things that will help us help you. One, approximate budget. You don’t want folks filling you full of info on mid 90’s coaches if you are about to drop a million, and vice versa. Second, what is your intended use? Weekend and week long trips, full timing in three years, or something in between. This will help folks zero in on what to look for? Third, what is your comfort level with mechanical and electrical stuff. Newells are well built but COMPLICATED machines. Happy owners are ones that enjoy noodling out the problems and implementing the fix. Unhappy owners are ones depending upon Joe the RV tech, who has never seen a Newell, to keep up the systems. Just my .02, and worth what it cost you.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )