You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Changing fuel filter

(08-09-2017, 01:37 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  I would like to offer an alternative for step 9.

In the event you would rather use the fuel you no doubt have in your tank, rather than what may or may not be available in a container when you need to do the filter changer - consider this.

Located next to the fuel fill is a black knob.   If you turn this knob counter-clockwise it will pop out.  Now it's a pump and just pump until the fuel from the tank is moved into the filter.  At least that's how it works for my '99 vintage Series 60.

Russ

(08-10-2017, 08:05 AM)Fasteddie Wrote:  
(08-09-2017, 01:37 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  I would like to offer an alternative for step 9.

In the event you would rather use the fuel you no doubt have in your tank, rather than what may or may not be available in a container when you need to do the filter changer - consider this.

Located next to the fuel fill is a black knob.   If you turn this knob counter-clockwise it will pop out.  Now it's a pump and just pump until the fuel from the tank is moved into the filter.  At least that's how it works for my '99 vintage Series 60.

Russ
Thanks for that input. I have tried to use that pump, but could not move it(I thought it was frozen up from lack of use) did not know to turn it counter clockwise

Ed and Penny Thomas
Anna, TX
98 Newell
coach #490

Messages In This Thread
Changing fuel filter - by rheavn - 08-09-2017, 09:35 AM
RE: Changing fuel filter - by RussWhite - 08-09-2017, 01:37 PM
RE: Changing fuel filter - by Fasteddie - 08-10-2017, 08:05 AM