You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Back up camera Replace on a 1989

On our coach I replaced the camera and old Sony B&W screen with 3 cameras (2 side vision and one rear).  I used the existing wiring, cut and soldered the wires from the new camera wires together with the old - this has been working fine.  The picture is great and having side view cameras also helps for security.  Some day I’m going to hook up the functionality to switch to the side camera when the blinker comes on but not in a rush for that one.  The biggest problem is that I didn’t like the position of the old screen in the bottom of the console so I moved the new screen to the bottom of the overhead cabinet (over the driver) and like it much better - the wire is a little too short so I connected it to the rear-view mirror inside and just let it hang there (it’s on my list)...

On our coach I replaced the camera and old Sony B&W screen with 3 cameras (2 side vision and one rear).  I used the existing wiring, cut and soldered the wires from the new camera wires together with the old - this has been working fine.  The picture is great and having side view cameras also helps for security.  Some day I’m going to hook up the functionality to switch to the side camera when the blinker comes on but not in a rush for that one.  The biggest problem is that I didn’t like the position of the old screen in the bottom of the console so I moved the new screen to the bottom of the overhead cabinet (over the driver) and like it much better - the wire is a little too short so I connected it to the rear-view mirror inside and just let it hang there (it’s on my list)...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread
Back up camera Replace on a 1989 - by 1989newell - 03-07-2018, 12:03 PM
RE: Back up camera Replace on a 1989 - by Fulltiming - 03-07-2018, 02:55 PM
RE: Back up camera Replace on a 1989 - by 1989newell - 03-07-2018, 03:05 PM
RE: Back up camera Replace on a 1989 - by MrE - 03-07-2018, 04:39 PM
RE: Back up camera Replace on a 1989 - by pairodice - 03-07-2018, 09:43 PM