You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Gauge Identifier lights

The Newell dash was designed for someone with the eyes of a young eagle and the arms of an orangutan.  I can't identify the switches on the switch panel without getting down on my hands and knees and peering through my bifocals.  What I need to know is whether or not the identification labels on the dash gauges are lit.  Going down the road, I have a hard time deciding what gauge is what since I have to run the generator to run the house air to make the machine almost cool enough to ride in.  I can see identification on the dash near the gauge if I make the steering column as compact as possible at a full stop.  I can then get close enough to see what's what.  Short of using a Dymo labeller, anybody have any suggestions.  I already have my battery select switch marked with glow tape and my tank dump switch taped over.

I don't want to tear into the dash without some reasonable expectation of success.

[And as an aside, is there any good reason for there to be a dump switch on the dash? The one on the house panel and the one in the basement would seem to be enough. Is it just there to see who's unlucky enough to hit it while feeling for some other switch?]

Paul & Jane McCullough

Messages In This Thread
Gauge Identifier lights - by medcrest - 05-25-2018, 01:40 PM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by Richard - 05-25-2018, 05:52 PM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by HoosierDaddy - 05-25-2018, 08:06 PM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by Richard - 05-26-2018, 04:32 AM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by 3Rs - 05-26-2018, 09:20 AM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by bikestuff - 05-26-2018, 09:31 AM
RE: Gauge Identifier lights - by encantotom - 05-26-2018, 10:20 AM