You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude

In mine there are two identical 120V compressors, manually switchable. There is no 12V compressor.

The compressor controller doesn't have anything to do with Valid. It does seem set to maintain a higher range of PSI than the ones a lot of you guys with older coaches mention. There was no obvious user-friendly way to change the pressure settings on mine, although I didn't try disassembling the box to look inside. (As someone mentioned, not sure why we'd want to do that.)

If it matters, I had BOTH compressors die almost simultaneously after six months at 6,000 feet. They were both 10 years old and had ~2,500 hours on each. The new compressors did not seem to have any trouble compressing at that altitude relative to sea level. I have been watching the timing pretty closely, because (a) I replumbed them with polyethylene tubing and that was a disaster, and also (b) I have had a ton of leaks develop.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

Messages In This Thread
Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by rwatts7777 - 06-12-2018, 01:59 PM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by encantotom - 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by Richard - 06-13-2018, 06:30 AM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by encantotom - 06-13-2018, 11:52 AM
RE: Compressor Excessive Run at High Altitude - by Nebster - 06-15-2018, 10:39 PM