You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Engine air compressor governor

After driving 360 miles today we stopped at a roadside RV park in Glendo WY (middle of nowhere). I leveled the coach with slides in as we were leaving early tomorrow morning. After about an hour the level system kicked on the 120v air compressor. I decided to start the engine and go back to travel mode and use that overnight. The problem was that the air system would not build above 90 psi. I confirmed that I could not hear air leaks with and without engine running. After conversations with Tom, Bill, and Steve. We decided it was the governor, or at least that was a $20 part and easy to install. 30 miles away was O’REILLYS that had the part. I tried my best to match the plugged and 2 airline holes. The old governor has blue cap like in very detailed picture, and the new governor has the black cap. All holes on both match.

After new install I now have the opposite problem. The governor is not exhausting by 135psi when I shut off the engine. Watching videos I suspect that the exhaust port plastic filter cover that I moved from old to new is the culprit, but don’t know and it is too late to test. The video says that port should be open but he has seen dust covers and filters in some brands. So, I will test with the exhaust port clear first thing in the morning.

The park is full and we are supposed to vacate tomorrow, so I need to get this fixed ASAP.

Questions:
1. What is max safe pressure to allow it to go before I risk blowing something?
2. If exhaust port is not the fix, there is an adjustment screw I can try but it should have been set by the factory. Should I go buy another? NAPA opens at 7am.
3. Other ideas?

Video
https://youtu.be/gavC4ZWSNLY

Thanks to Tom, Bill, and Steve for consultation today!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

Messages In This Thread
Engine air compressor governor - by Land Yacht - 07-13-2018, 09:20 PM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by encantotom - 07-13-2018, 10:55 PM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by Little - 07-14-2018, 05:50 AM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by Land Yacht - 07-14-2018, 11:00 AM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by Land Yacht - 07-14-2018, 09:12 PM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by encantotom - 07-14-2018, 10:53 PM
RE: Engine air compressor governor - by Land Yacht - 07-15-2018, 06:08 PM