You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aluminum exterior wall sheathing

In Manhattan, KS.  I like to do some of my own repairs but with a rig this big I'll probably leave the heavy stuff to others.  I do question the long term holding ability of glue.  But being able to rivit aluminum skin vs replacement which is usually the case with fiberglass sheathed plywood still seems better.  I know many prevost owners have experienced glue failures as well and had to add some rivits later.

We're currently enjoying our starter class A, a 1995 Fleetwood Bounder.  I got it for a steal, but it's given me plenty of white knuckles when driving, especially with a cross wind.  I've replaced a water pump (12 V), roof vent, battery charger, and hot water heater.  And the amount of rust on the subframe components is telling me to move on soon.   Education isn't free and we've learned a lot.  Most importantly though we learned we like the life style and feel much more comfortable now with our decision to move up to something nicer.

Messages In This Thread
Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by Doug Musick - 11-04-2018, 07:16 PM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by rheavn - 11-05-2018, 07:12 AM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by superbirds - 11-05-2018, 11:31 AM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by Doug Musick - 11-05-2018, 12:08 PM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by RussWhite - 11-05-2018, 04:44 PM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by encantotom - 11-05-2018, 04:52 PM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by folivier - 11-06-2018, 06:12 AM
RE: Aluminum exterior wall sheathing - by Doug Musick - 11-06-2018, 10:21 PM