You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair

Hoping for some hits from a guru that has faced repairs to their Kenmore stackable washer/dryer.

My 1999 model has the shower/tub on one side of the rear bath, and a set of cabinets on the other one of which contains the stackable washer/dryer.

Here is the dilemma:

My dryer has stopped producing hot air.
I have ordered a new element, both thermostats and a new belt.

I have removed the pieces holding the dryer in place.
Now it looks like a dead end to me.
I have  a 24” wide isle between the tub and the face of the opposing wall where the washer/dryer is.

The washer/dryer is 27.5” deep according to the specs.  There is very little room between the top of the washer/dryer at the ceiling – 9”

I believe I need access to the back of the unit to do the repair.
I see no way to get there.  Even if I pull it out all the way against the tub, there is no way for it to be moved as 3.5” remain in the cabinet.

There is a vent fan above the unit and I suppose with a whole lot of work that could be removed.  I don’t know whether that would allow me to drop in behind the washer/dryer but that sounds like a terrible idea.

Thanks for any thoughts.  I have not called Newell as I consider that a last resort.   Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Messages In This Thread
Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by RussWhite - 01-30-2019, 01:21 PM
RE: Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by RussWhite - 01-31-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by folivier - 01-31-2019, 02:31 PM
RE: Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by ccjohnson - 01-31-2019, 02:33 PM
RE: Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by pairodice - 01-31-2019, 05:27 PM
RE: Stackable Washer/Dryer Repair - by pestes - 02-04-2019, 12:01 AM