You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

SCS Expansion Valve

I recently had to replace one of the compressors in a SCS basement unit. After compressor replacement, the unit did not function well, and the existing thermal expansion valve TXV was the suspected culprit. 

The original valve is obsolete and was a custom OE made for SCS. Lovely, now it's made of unobtanium.  

I ended up using a type of TXV that uses a Sporlan EQBODY 3812 OD STR, a QC2 168074 cartridge, and  KT NGA 43 Power Element. 

Huh?  The reason for so many part numbers it the valve I used  can be configured in many different ways. All that sounds like goobly gook, but your AC tech can use that info at the local AC supply place to get a replacement valve. 

What you are looking for is a one ton, internally equalized valve, sweat fittings for R 22. 

The above configuration worked great with the unit specified charge of 36 OZ of R22. It produced 10 degrees of supercool (perfect). 

I had to do a bit of plumbing work to fit it in the unit because the configuration of the inlet and outlet plus the size of the outlet is different than the original. 

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
SCS Expansion Valve - by Richard - 03-31-2019, 05:02 AM
RE: SCS Expansion Valve - by Richard - 04-27-2019, 05:49 PM