You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Fresh water leak in rear bath

Hello Gurus. While at the no rally rally last week, my headhunter pump had issues, then worked fine, then had issues again the morning I left.  During the trip home, I was troubleshooting some more and FINALLY discovered a water leak.

It is a decent amount running down into the compartment with the shore power cord and a small amount of dripping on to the tag axle tire. 

There is rust on the roof of the shore power compartment so that tells me it’s been an issue for quite some time.  

Also of note, with the pump running the water pressure from the faucets holds pretty good when using cold water but drops significantly when using the hot water side of faucets.  In the shower it has almost zero water pressure when turned to hot.  So my thinking is that the issue is with the hot water supply and likely in the shower. 

I spent some time turning the valves off to see if I could isolate the issue but that seemed to make no difference. 

Next step I did was to remove what I could under the vanity and on the shower wall to expose the water lines and find the leaker. Everywhere that is visible is bone dry up to the point the water lines go into the sub flooring.

I’m at the point that I think the leak is with a supply line that is in the sub floor which to me is a pretty serious and deep issue.  

Any one ever had anything similar and able to offer any insight?

If not, I’m thinking my next step would be to find a way to get it out to the folks at Newell.  (Need to have one slide out repaired any way due to bad bearings.)

Jeff

Jeff Reed
2003 45' coach #674
2018 Jeep Wrangler

Messages In This Thread
Fresh water leak in rear bath - by KJReed - 05-11-2019, 11:02 AM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by bikestuff - 05-11-2019, 11:17 AM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by KJReed - 05-11-2019, 11:46 AM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by Richard - 05-11-2019, 05:11 PM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by KJReed - 05-12-2019, 04:16 AM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by ccjohnson - 05-12-2019, 07:03 AM
RE: Fresh water leak in rear bath - by Land Yacht - 05-12-2019, 09:29 AM