You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Dryer quit heating

I have a mouse issue and suspect they chewed through the PEX line behind the washer. Woke up today to a substantial drip in the water bay from the hole in the floor where the lines go up to the washer. Shut off the two valves for the washer feed and the leak stopped so I know one of those lines is the issue.

Now I have to figure out how to get this thing out. It looks like some screws are hidden behind other panels and Newell may have revised something between my 1996 and Steve's 99

I will say I am envious of how clean his is back there. 27 years has not been so kind to mine...especially with the mouse poop I will have to clean up

UPDATE: It appears I just have very bad luck. The water leak was just the washer hose gasket gone bad with no correlation to the mice. Pulled the unit out to find rotted wood from a prior leak. Now we are fixing some of that before putting the kit back in with new hoses.

1996 Newell #402
YouTube: Stapleton42
Instagram: stapleton42_

Messages In This Thread
Dryer quit heating - by rheavn - 06-29-2019, 05:41 PM
RE: Dryer quit heating - by RussWhite - 06-29-2019, 06:12 PM
RE: Dryer quit heating - by folivier - 06-29-2019, 08:46 PM
RE: Dryer quit heating - by Richard - 06-30-2019, 04:09 AM
RE: Dryer quit heating - by Stapleton42 - 01-28-2023, 10:28 AM