You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dry storage risks ?

Morning all,

This is my first post and excuse me being a newbie.  I'm looking to purchase a Newell between 1998-2002 but if I do, I will have to keep it in RV storage (fort benning) where there is no shore power hook up.  I'm hearing mixed messages on if that's okay or not and honestly will prevent me in buying one b/c a) there are no storages with power hook ups near me and b) I cannot park it next to my house.

I was told that as long as I don't store it with slides open and run everything once a month the air seals won't air out and bring in moisture.

However, my uncle who has a 98 newell says there is risk in storing it w/o power.  

I have a hard time believing that b/c in my mind there are going to be a heck of a lot more people that are in my situation than those that are either full timing or storing with power but maybe I'm wrong about the % of Newell owners.

Please if you have the time, I would like to know your thoughts on the risks of storing it dry b/c if I cannot then I sadly cannot purchase one.  Thanks in advance! 

-Brad

Messages In This Thread
Dry storage risks ? - by Litefghtr - 10-18-2019, 07:44 AM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by folivier - 10-18-2019, 08:01 AM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by Litefghtr - 10-18-2019, 09:15 AM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by Richard - 10-18-2019, 09:31 AM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by rheavn - 10-19-2019, 12:25 PM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by Nebster - 10-20-2019, 01:23 PM
RE: Dry storage risks ? - by Latitude 28 - 10-20-2019, 06:33 PM