You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Aquahot cold water solved

That was as clear as mud.

A few pics will help. (Thanks Bill)

This is the tap into the Cold Water loop. 

Why do it this way. Because I wanted to retain the tempering valve setup and not put untempered water into the coach. 

Here is a pic of the finished install. Sorry it's already insulated.

What I failed to mention in the first post was why go to all this trouble. The AH is rated at 1.5 gpm. The house pump on my coach puts 2.25 gpm through the shower. I wanted my bride to have a nice hot shower without futzing with throttling the water.

Third potential question, what is the purpose of installing the flow sensor and turning on the pump when using hot water. The pump will already turn on if using diesel, but if just using electric to heat the AH the pump does not turn on. The heat exchanger does not work without the circulation pump running the hot EG through one side. So......I wanted my bride to have a nice long shower while plugged into the pedestal without having to futz with water output adjustment or turning a pump circulation switch on. Mission accomplished. Happy wife, happy life. 

If I were doing this again. I would try just installing the flow switch to turn on the circulation pump to see if that provided the results I was looking for. The switch, pex cutters, pex crimpers, and pex rings would be less than a 50 buck investment. I would try this before going the FPHE route. 

And finally, follow your own advice. I say think horses not zebras when you hear hoofbeats. When we started getting cold water in the shower, I convinced myself that the coils inside the AH had come loose from the tank and were not working properly. That thought led me down the FPHE route. In hindsight I should have done more methodical troubleshooting before beginning.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Messages In This Thread
Aquahot cold water solved - by Richard - 01-29-2020, 07:50 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Richard - 01-30-2020, 05:22 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by bikestuff - 01-30-2020, 06:19 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Guy - 01-30-2020, 08:02 AM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Tim wade - 06-03-2023, 06:01 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Trainer - 06-03-2023, 07:29 PM
RE: Aquahot cold water solved - by Jack Houpe - 06-04-2023, 04:16 AM