You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Molding coming loose

I called Newell and they suggested using double-sided tape to secure the molding to the coach near the cabin door and removing at least two of the clips to get the molding to slide in. I also talked to Steve Magown about how he secured his molding by leaving the two clips near the door loose and sliding the molding in place and screwing the molding down with the original holes in each end. I did a hybrid approach: I removed the clip closest to the cabin door and also the third clip. The second clip is loose so it gives when the molding slides past the open cabin door. As the molding slid through the second clip it was apparent that the molding would not give enough (you have to very careful not to bow/bend the aluminum molding) and so I removed the next/third clip and this helped the molding slide in with the use of a plastic dead-blow hammer on the other end (near the door). Now I have the molding inserted fairly loose but will use double-sided VHB tape to adhere the molding and then screw it down - I may have to use a little oversized screws or use some of the suggestions for epoxy/steel wool to make the screws tighten properly.
Thanks for everyones’ help on this! Another project just about put to rest and hopefully it will help others in the future.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Messages In This Thread
Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-20-2020, 02:43 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by rheavn - 04-20-2020, 06:39 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by smagown - 04-20-2020, 07:56 PM
RE: Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-21-2020, 05:56 AM
RE: Molding coming loose - by pairodice - 04-21-2020, 11:13 AM