You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Driveway Pitch

I had a 34' Newmar Ventanna that would scrape my driveway upon entry and departure due to a drop in elevation from the garage to the street and a slight dip just before the driveway meets the street. As I contemplate the purchase of a Newell, I know that I will have the same issue, if not worse, based upon the additional length of the vehicle and longer spacing between the front and rear axles. So here's my question as I contemplate an acquisition and a major driveway renovation for a new (to me) coach:

Other than a dead flat driveway (which I do not have and cannot make), what's the steepest pitch that a 45' Newell can safely navigate without scraping the front or back when coming/going? Math and I have never seen eye-to-eye so trying to calculate the solution to this problem is not something that I could ever realistically accomplish. I would think that this would be a universal issue, the answer to which would benefit all (Newell) coach owners. Has anyone done this?

Best,

Kevin

Wannabe Coach Owner (for now)

Messages In This Thread
Driveway Pitch - by GratefulKev - 06-27-2020, 01:12 PM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by rundlc - 06-27-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by Richard - 06-27-2020, 06:30 PM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by encantotom - 06-27-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by GratefulKev - 07-04-2020, 06:17 AM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by ccjohnson - 07-04-2020, 08:26 AM
RE: Driveway Pitch - by DK on the road - 07-04-2020, 09:20 PM