You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bad Fuel

I know that most of you are aware of the issues that one tank of bad diesel can cause but I thought you might like to see the visible evidence.

Back in 2008, when we were living fulltime in our coach, we left Austin on our way to Yuma, Arizona. We filled up at the Flying J in Anthony, TX. We drove on toward Yuma. After the 8 split near Casa Grande, I noticed that the coach seemed low on power. By the time we got to Wellton, it was really low on power and I thought the Fortuna Hills east of Yuma were going to be unmanageable. Got over the hills in 1st gear. Had the fuel filters changed on the engine and the oil and oil filter and fuel filter changed on the generator. I cut open the two engine fuel filters to see if that was the likely issue. The photos show what I found.

[Image: FuelFilters_9355.JPG]

After our visit in Yuma, we drove to Newport Beach and I had a marine service company come out and filter all of my fuel and return it to the tanks. Of course I changed out the fuel filters again.

These filters had been in the coach less than 5 months and about 8,700 miles.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Messages In This Thread
Bad Fuel - by Fulltiming - 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM
RE: Bad Fuel - by Erniee - 08-26-2013, 03:56 PM
RE: Bad Fuel - by Chester Stone - 08-27-2013, 09:16 AM
RE: Bad Fuel - by prairieschooner - 09-03-2013, 07:51 AM
RE: Bad Fuel - by whatsnewell - 09-03-2013, 08:18 AM