You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headed out again

We got 6.8 with the rebuilt 8V92 last trip flat towing the F-350 (around 9K#) at about 67 mph. From Gallup to Kingman & back to Grants. A bit slower on the long slow grinds going east on I-40 out of Kingman. My temp gauge is a bit off but rather than risk engine damage I did a lot of 2nd & 3rd gear on hills. Based on S&S saying my temp gauge was 11-12 degrees off, I may have been down shifting to keep temps below +/- 195F instead of 205F. I have now invested in Silver Leaf. Got it today and will install it before next trip out. Based on past posts where folks have noticed a significant difference in Silver Leaf DDEC readings, did anyone replace their analog temp gauge to try & get a better match up of data? I tried the independent ground but was not able to get satisfactory results. Still bumping up +/- 5 degrees when I turned on head lights. Is there a check or calibration on the analog gauge or best to just replace?

Once you start using your Silverleaf you won't look at your analog gauges again!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

(07-03-2015, 03:17 PM)folivier Wrote:  Once you start using your Silverleaf you won't look at your analog gauges again!

That's true!! My temp gauge reads exactly with the silverleaf , however the oil pressure gauge reads 20 psi low at cruising speed. Paul

Paul and Sherry Schneider
1994 newell coach 366, 38 ft with a 8v92 ddec 2

Silverleaf update: It seems as if there was a bad one of anything, I will get it. The Silverleaf was giving me intermittent readings for temp & voltage on last trip to & from Alb. But I was able to correlate the analog gauge reading with Silverleaf digital. Analog is off by +/-15-30 degrees. Return vms to Silverleaf for a replacement. will also get new analog that reads closer to actual for those "just in case" moments.