You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cesana Curved Shower parts list

We were able to get the door fixed and it only really took about 30 minutes but I had pauses due to trepidation (wife was making me anxious telling me not to break it again!)...
Removal of broken pieces from tubing: was easier than I thought and I could probably pull them out in under a minute (now).
Once the screws were removed from the top and the bottom I put a small Allen key wrench into the screw hole and used it to BANG the pieces out of the tubing.  I also used some vice grips to hold on to the broken pieces and banged the hammer into the vice grips to free the pieces (use a nylon or rubber mallet to avoid scraping/denting the gold tubing!).  
As usual, once I had done it doing it again was much easier... Fear factor plays a lot into these kinds of things... (I'm afraid of my wife mostly)...
Reassembly: I had some waterproof (bicycle) grease that I used to make the parts fit back in easier and that seemed to help.  Once theses pieces are set in I bet they are a bear to get back out so use caution to make sure they are assembled correctly!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(03-26-2016, 07:58 AM)ron skeen Wrote:  
(03-26-2016, 07:35 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Has anyone replaced these parts (4 & 9) - we are trying but they don't want to come out and I definitely do NOT want to crack the glass banging away on it...  Anyone know of a good show near Huntsville, AL?

Anyone know of a source for part # 7 (the plastic guide that door rollers roll on)? Thanks

I have found the plastic guide (part #7). I have some extra and if anyone need one let me know and I will bring to the rally. They are $120.00 each. I also have a 2 year old Blue Ox BX7445 Aventa LX Ball Swivel Class IV 10,000 Lb Tow Bar $450.00. I have just bought Blue Ox BX7420 Avail 10,000 Lb Tow Bar. Let me know if interested and I will bring to rally.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

http://www.aquawareamerica.com/default.asp

this is the only dealer that has parts (unless newell has them)

the rollers are 250 each. the little tubing connectors for the top and bottom rail over the doorway are 244 each and the nylon strip on top is 197 dollars.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Hello all,

Just got coach #551 and we are starting to fix things.....
I need to get a set of rollers and a top track. Still have family in Europe, my wife will go over there in September. I'll do some research and and see if we can get a few rollers and top tracks and she can bring them back home if available there.
Can somebody post a picture of the plastic lock installed on the door ? Door open or door closed ?

Thank you.

MG

Here is the lock.  It works with the door open or closed...though I usually use it like this with door closed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

i use it with the door closed as well.

if you can get parts in expensively (that remains to be seen) then that would be the way to do.

tom

Good evening, I'm a prevost interloper trying to fix my Cesana shower issue. Your forum is the most knowledgeable that I have found.
I have to replace one roller and get the lexan door lock. Do you have a specific address or contact at Newell that I can order their lexan lock?
For the roller, I am in contact with Gil Johson (the other prevost interloper) about getting rollers ordered. It seems odd that no other high end converters would have the rollers. Do you think fore travel, marathon, feather lite or Liberty may have them? I can't go to my converter (country coach) as they have been bought and sold twice & are now part of Winnebago.

Pam & Chip Thormin
1998 Country Coach XL-45
"Searching the web for shared bus knowledge"

(07-02-2016, 07:11 PM)Chip Wrote:  Good evening, I'm a prevost interloper trying to fix my Cesana shower issue. Your forum is the most knowledgeable that I have found.
I have to replace one roller and get the lexan door lock. Do you have a specific address or contact at Newell that I can order their lexan lock?
For the roller, I am in contact with Gil Johson (the other prevost interloper) about getting rollers ordered. It seems odd that no other high end converters would have the rollers. Do you think fore travel, marathon, feather lite or Liberty may have them? I can't go to my converter (country coach) as they have been bought and sold twice & are now part of Winnebago.

Check with Chuck in parts at Newell. 888-363-9355

the problem is the importer charges ridiculous prices for the parts and the other coach companies have to buy from them. so unless someone has some new old stock, it is going to be hard to find them cheaper.

what i wonder is if buying them directly in italy is any cheaper.

tom

I secure or lock mine with the door open to keep the weight of the door off of the center runner.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica