You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

365 front tire wheel change

Jeff Rowe - East Tennessee Luxury Coach - Vonore, TN
http://easttennesseeluxurycoach.com

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I just came from Newell. I thought I was going to get the 365 tire upgrade for $4900. I know that is more than doing ala carte, but thought it was worth the extra money to get everything done in one place while getting other things fixed too. However, Newell failed to price in the stud change, another $2000. I told them no. $7000 seemed way too high for that upgrade.

Then I got the idea to call Big Cabin which is a Michelin dealer in the area using the advantage program. They would install the studs, and wheels if I purchased them separate and brought them in, then purchased the tires through them using Michelin Advantage. Problem - none in stock, and back ordered. Michelin is starting a production run this next week, but fulfilling back orders before new orders. Thus, they did not know when they could get them.

Anyone know of a large dealer that might have the tires in stock? Or be high on the list for back orders? I am also considering seeing what the price for tires only from Newell is, then take to truck shop for installation.

Other ideas?

Thanks Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

[quote='Land Yacht' pid='33038' dateline='1506051042']
I just came from Newell. I thought I was going to get the 365 tire upgrade for $4900. I know that is more than doing ala carte, but thought it was worth the extra money to get everything done in one place while getting other things fixed too. However, Newell failed to price in the stud change, another $2000. I told them no. $7000 seemed way too high for that upgrade.

Then I got the idea to call Big Cabin which is a Michelin dealer in the area using the advantage program. They would install the studs, and wheels if I purchased them separate and brought them in, then purchased the tires through them using Michelin Advantage. Problem - none in stock, and back ordered. Michelin is starting a production run this next week, but fulfilling back orders before new orders. Thus, they did not know when they could get them.

Anyone know of a large dealer that might have the tires in stock? Or be high on the list for back orders? I am also considering seeing what the price for tires only from Newell is, then take to truck shop for installation.

Other ideas?

Thanks Mike

Hi Mike
Check with Jim Reel at
Fleet Tire
111 E Woodland Ave
Knoxville, TN 37917

(865) 522-6486

Talk to Jim Reel and he should be able to help.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

On 8-4-17 Newell quoted $890/tire plus install.
Michelin Advantage quoted $724/tire plus install.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

(08-04-2017, 05:25 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  Jeff Rowe - East Tennessee Luxury Coach - Vonore, TN
http://easttennesseeluxurycoach.com

I talked to Jeff this morning. He is working up a quote. He mentioned your name Russ :-)

The URL above does not work for me, but I found him on Facebook

East Tennessee Luxury Coach
(844)884-6036
126 Horne Dr.
Vonore, TN 37885

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Southern Tire Mart is where I bought my tires ....... you can google a shop close to you and ask if they have any ...... and I did not have to change  wheel studs on either my 87 or 03 coach when I upgraded them

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

Baby got new shoes yesterday. Well new upgraded 365 tires wheels, studs, and lugs at East Tennessee Luxury Coaches (Prevost predominately). All went extremely well, we did not even have to adjust the ride height, with no tire rub. The only problem was we did not anticipate the different mounting for the hub caps. Thus, I don’t have hub caps on now, and looking for a solution. Does anyone have a part number to order so the old hub caps will work?

Now for the testimony: immediately after installation, we departed on a 5 hour drive. WOW amazing difference, and I was driving the Steve Bare recommended 62 mph with occasional down hill roll over 70mph. First the softer ride especially over expansion joints and chug holes was noticeably less jarring and noisy. The stance and stability was also improved. For the first time, I caught myself driving a long time with only 1 hand on the wheel. I never felt that comfortable before. A worthwhile and necessary upgrade in my mind.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

You just need to change the mounts to Hub Pilot Bracket (Part #TK-10)

http://www.tkane.com/products.html

For those considering this change you can save a lot of money over Newell by using the Prevost studs that have been discussed.  I brought this to the attention of the head Newell engineer and he was totally uninterested.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(12-29-2017, 11:34 AM)rheavn Wrote:  You just need to change the mounts to Hub Pilot Bracket (Part #TK-10)

http://www.tkane.com/products.html

For those considering this change you can save a lot of money over Newell by using the Prevost studs that have been discussed.  I brought this to the attention of the head Newell engineer and he was totally uninterested.

Thank you Steve!

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

Is this a recommendation or is this change pretty mandatory?  Thanks

Rob & Di Mills 
2004 Newell Coach #680