You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Headlight Issues

I am still wondering about the LED lights, those running lights that grow thru the P2000i, and seem even more prominent on the p50s. Are the LEDs on Newell coaches functional in throwing light? It is a driveability and safety function, perhaps especially when driving in low light and at night.

Ed,

There are several threads on here about the brightness of headlights. The key to brightness is getting the proper voltage to the headlights. This can be fairly easily accomplished with a relay setup.

The LED lights that are on the sides of the 2012 coaches and between the headlights on 2013-2016 coaches are really just “driving” lights...in other words they are more about the other guy seeing you.

The Xenon lights in my coach (low beams) 2003 model are plenty of light. The high beams are a little iffy but I have not done the relay upgrade.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(07-12-2018, 04:25 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Ed,

There are several threads on here about the brightness of headlights.   The key to brightness is getting the proper voltage to the headlights.  This can be fairly easily accomplished with a relay setup.

The LED lights that are on the sides of the 2012 coaches and between the headlights on 2013-2016 coaches are really just “driving” lights...in other words they are more about the other guy seeing you.

The Xenon lights in my coach (low beams)  2003 model are plenty of light.  The high beams are a little iffy but I have not done the relay upgrade.

Hope this helps.
Bill

Thanks,  Bill,  found previous threads as well.  Richard's graph of Lumens/volts provides hard data.  Sounds like 10 gauge wire helps.  And maybe different bulbs?  

http://newellgurus.com/showthread.php?tid=3528

Do the wiring and relays first. Higher wattage bulbs can blind oncoming drivers with glare

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )