You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Air conditioner

I need to replace the fan motor on our dash air condenser. It was manufactured by Mitsuba which is now Honda. I have found a similar motor on Amazon and it is a replacement unit for a HONDA. The fan unit was sold by Specific Climate which is no longer in business.
Has anyone replaced this motor and if so is there a better source for parts?

[attachment=5761]
I have found a replacement condenser fan and it is now installed.  My next issue is replacing the ac/heater controls on the dash. I am replacing this because of a faulty ac switch on this unit. It will not stay on and is cycling the compressor. 
My question is twofold. This looks like a ford control unit. Has anyone replaced this and if so what was the source for parts.
Secondly does anyone know how to remove the padded cover over this unit to allow access to the mounting screws.
Attached is a photo of the control unit
Any information would be appreciated

That does not look like a ford control head. Push button controls are usually Chrysler/Jeep or aftermarket.
As far as the switch, did you check power to the thermostat and make sure the ac switch power is providing steady 12v at that point(thermosat). Thermostat should control cycling.

Phil & Sharon
1999 511  41.5

(08-10-2018, 09:44 AM)PHeff Wrote:  That does not look like a ford control head.  Push button controls are usually Chrysler/Jeep or aftermarket.  
As far as the switch, did you check power to the thermostat and make sure the ac switch power is providing steady 12v  at that point(thermosat).  Thermostat should control cycling.

You are correct. That was a Chrysler item and we have found a possible replacement. Thermostat voltage checked out. Thanks for the tip. The ac will stay on if the button is held tight.

Yes that sounds like a bad head.

Phil & Sharon
1999 511  41.5