You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I’m considering purchasing this Newell

Is anyone familiar with this Newell

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/coachrv/new...-45--P1269

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

FWIW, based on the stock number, I think MOT owns this coach as opposed to it being a consignment. I was there in July, but this unit was not in inventory at that time.

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Check you PM's.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I don't know anything about the coach except what is in the link.

But there is a lot to like. Solid surface floors, 365 tires, stacked washer dryer, chrome fixtures, low mileage, steerable tag.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

(11-01-2018, 08:32 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Check you PM's.

I need the meaning of  “PM”. I’m new to this. 

Any help with how to place a fair value on a Newell is greatly appreciated. 

JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi

Private Message. Good looking coach. Jason Haskins is the General Manager at MOT and he is a good person. I have know him for 12 years. 

Reese Cantrell
Newell Coach 1242

One way to put value on a Newell is looking at other Newells of similar years and features.  The part that makes it hard is "no two Newells are alike".  This method gives you a ball park of what a coach in the year range you are looking for sells for.  Pay particular attention to what coaches sell for, not what they are listed for.  

My preferred method to evaluate a coaches value is to look at lots of Newells, get a feel for what is available and evaluate a coach's value by what I am willing to pay.  This method took me two years to do the research and then find a coach that was appointed how I wanted it and in the shape I insisted on.

No where can you see more coaches with more varied features than at the factory in Miami, OK.  

Good luck in your search................................

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(11-02-2018, 04:47 AM)rheavn Wrote:  One way to put value on a Newell is looking at other Newells of similar years and features.  The part that makes it hard is "no two Newells are alike".  This method gives you a ball park of what a coach in the year range you are looking for sells for.  Pay particular attention to what coaches sell for, not what they are listed for.  

My preferred method to evaluate a coaches value is to look at lots of Newells, get a feel for what is available and evaluate a coach's value by what I am willing to pay.  This method took me two years to do the research and then find a coach that was appointed how I wanted it and in the shape I insisted on.

No where can you see more coaches with more varied features than at the factory in Miami, OK.  

Good luck in your search................................

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

We made a trip to Miami this week and learned quite a bit.

We’ve (mostly my wife?) researched everything we can find in our price range.

We’re learning quickly how the market/years impact the prices.

Not that I’m impatient... I’m just tired of repairing engineering design flaws on my Winnebago. Whoever buys it will get a great coach but it’s still a truck chassis under a box.

Thanks for the help.
JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

That one is a pretty coach but a bit unusual in the mid-bath design with doors on each end. Not a bad feature just not one that is currently being built. You just have to decide what floorplan you like.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337