You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Local Newell been sitting.... Should I buy it?

trh299: I have sent you a private message. You can find it by clicking on it in the top right corner of this page where it says private messages, right under "search".

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

(11-21-2018, 05:11 PM)77newell Wrote:  I've been around homebuilt airplane projects for years, yuo know, the 90-90 kind; 90% done and 90% to go. On most significant probjects in my life, if I had known the real effort involved I would never have undertaken them. But I did and I'm proud of what has been accomplished in my life.

Yep.... know all about the 90/90 deal with airplanes!  I built a minimax ultalight from plans back in the early 90's when I was single.... took me 1.5 yrs.  Won honorable mention with it at Oshkosh.  My current project, a plans built DR107 One Design may never get finished lol..... too many hobbies.

there is no doubt that alot of us on the gurus forum have a sickness.....one that makes us want to buy and fix and use and fix and fix and fix and upgrade and change and upgrade some more.

whats that white stuff on the ground.....

it will be about 70 today here in sunny wittmann, az

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

(11-22-2018, 04:44 AM)Tf175 Wrote:  That coach looks almost identical to our '86 . The vin is on the wall under the console at driver's left . When I bought #89 over a year ago it's condition was daunting,  but it fired right up , ran well and drove like a dream . But , it had new house batteries and all new tires . I felt it was pretty much road worthy , having recently made a 1300 mile trip . After much work we have now made three trips to the races pulling our 28ft trailer and are really enjoying the coach . People say it's the coolest thing at the track , peeling clear coat and all .
In my humble opinion,  if the green coach fires up , builds air and stands up on the suspension,  goes into gear ,etc , might be worth further investigation.  Those cracked tires though..
Good luck .

Would love to see some pictures of your '86.

(11-23-2018, 10:13 AM)encantotom Wrote:  there is no doubt that alot of us on the gurus forum have a sickness.....one that makes us want to buy and fix and use and fix and fix and fix and upgrade and change and upgrade some more.  

whats that white stuff on the ground.....

it will be about 70 today here in sunny wittmann, az

tom

Tom that white stuff on the ground is a note from the Heavens to head south.

Joe Galowitch
1998 Newell
Coach 459 45 foot 1 slide

Tom,
I am heading through AZ to Barstow this weekend. I always carry a "sun shovel" when traveling in AZ this time of year just in case it gets really deep.

(11-23-2018, 10:41 AM)trh299 Wrote:  
(11-22-2018, 04:44 AM)Tf175 Wrote:  That coach looks almost identical to our '86 . The vin is on the wall under the console at driver's left . When I bought #89 over a year ago it's condition was daunting,  but it fired right up , ran well and drove like a dream . But , it had new house batteries and all new tires . I felt it was pretty much road worthy , having recently made a 1300 mile trip . After much work we have now made three trips to the races pulling our 28ft trailer and are really enjoying the coach . People say it's the coolest thing at the track , peeling clear coat and all .
In my humble opinion,  if the green coach fires up , builds air and stands up on the suspension,  goes into gear ,etc , might be worth further investigation.  Those cracked tires though..
Good luck .

I put some pictures up in gallery , did it wrong I guess , too large ...

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

(11-24-2018, 10:59 AM)Tf175 Wrote:  
(11-23-2018, 10:41 AM)trh299 Wrote:  
Good luck .

I put some pictures up in gallery , did it wrong I guess , too large ...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

Went back to get a picture of the tag by the driver's seat.
Date of mfr. Sept./1985
G.V.W.R. 35,200
VIN  1N9912X88C1011019

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Good luck .

What kind of mileage do you get pulling the trailer?  What does the trailer weigh?