You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

L2 ammeter gauge inop

Oh Mighty Newell Gurus I come to you with another issue... 

I replaced my indicator lights above drivers seat. 5/6 ain’t bad... well, the inoperative light coincides with the inoperative L2 ammeter gauge... I’m assuming...

Before I start taking “stuff” apart, has anyone had the same issue? 

While I was in there, I tried to straighten things up and correct a few other items. 

I also figured out why the radar detector wasn’t working. It was hooked up. Then I figured out why it wasn’t hooked up... it won’t stop beeping... well, it can be powered down but I gues it’s also inop...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

I just found a thread about this subject. I’m assuming I’ll find the current transformer in the electrical panel which is located in the rear closet. 

I’ll turn off all 120/240v ac power before working on it.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi

Jeff,

I replaced all my meters because one of my ammeters did not work. I don’t recall that the marker lights were related to the meters. On my coach, the meters are wired all the way back to the main AC breaker box. The new meters came with coils which are installed on the L1 and L2 lines. I think that I included pictures of those on my post about the meters.

I am not sure about the indicator lights, but I thought that they are connected to the transfer switch directly.

Have you measured the voltage on the no-op indicator light wires.....Maybe you got a bad one???

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(01-13-2019, 09:50 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Jeff,

I replaced all my meters because one of my ammeters did not work.  I don’t recall that the marker lights were related to the meters.  On my coach, the meters are wired all the way back to the main AC breaker box.  The new meters came with coils which are installed on the L1 and L2 lines.  I think that I included pictures of those on my post about the meters.

I am not sure about the indicator lights, but I thought that they are connected to the transfer switch directly.  

Have you measured the voltage on the no-op indicator light wires.....Maybe you got a bad one???

Bill

I just replaced all six. I do need to double check the voltage.

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

(01-13-2019, 11:01 AM)jdkskyking Wrote:  
(01-13-2019, 09:50 AM)bikestuff Wrote:  Jeff,

I replaced all my meters because one of my ammeters did not work.  I don’t recall that the marker lights were related to the meters.  On my coach, the meters are wired all the way back to the main AC breaker box.  The new meters came with coils which are installed on the L1 and L2 lines.  I think that I included pictures of those on my post about the meters.

Bill

I just replaced all six. I do need to double check the voltage.

I’ve been on a annunciator light crusade. 

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

In the for what it’s worth column...

The 240/120 L1 & L2 annunciator lights are not connected to the ammeters. 

On my panel, the one that didn’t work was a bad connection. After I repaired that my OCD kicked in...

Next I’ll swap ammeters to see where the problem lies...

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas