You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Pre 1987 front & rear bumper

(12-22-2013, 07:03 AM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(12-22-2013, 12:05 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Looks like the front isn't complete. too bad they weren't closer this is way cheap.

Steve, all three of the front bumper pieces are there......one side is still wrapped in brown paper, and the other is not.

Great Deal! but you need to read it again Clarke. There are only 2 pieces for the Front Bumper or "The front bumper is in three sections I have the middle and one curved front bumper".
Still a great deal though....didn't want Flick getting the short end of the deal!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(12-22-2013, 06:01 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  
(12-22-2013, 12:05 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Looks like the front isn't complete. too bad they weren't closer this is way cheap.

Steve, all three of the front bumper pieces are there......one side is still wrapped in brown paper, and the other is not.

Great Deal! but you need to read it again Clarke. There are only 2 pieces for the Front Bumper or "The front bumper is in three sections I have the middle and one curved front bumper".
Still a great deal though....didn't want Flick getting the short end of the deal!

You're right.....Todd doesn't need the whole bumper....at $62.50 he'll not be short changed.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

(12-22-2013, 06:25 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(12-22-2013, 06:01 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  

You're right.....Todd doesn't need the whole bumper....at $62.50 he'll not be short changed.

Cool but the $$$$ is between you guys. My Bumpers still have "character" from 30+ years of service.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

One corner is bent on mine and the center has some marks. So this should be perfect. Also a good way to get the Hockwalds back in our neck of the woods again next spring!

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

priceless!

Does anyone know where to find these bumpers new?
Newell has a couple but they are for the newer coaches.

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

Hi Retro,
I think that same bumper was used on some fire engines of that era. Also, it is impressive what a good bumper/chrome shop can do with damaged bumpers.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I searched the net but didn't have much luck, ill try send some pic's to the chrome shop in edmonton see what they have to say, thank-you

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd