You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Amp/Multi meter

Looking to invest in a very nice ac-dc amp meter with multi functions.
Any recommendations?

Brad

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,
There are a few out there and while some may be better I bought this one from Blue Seas    
http://shop.pkys.com/blueseasystems8110m...meter.aspx

does what I need.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I have a very similar one that I got from Lowes. I happened to like three features. It turns itself off if I forget two. It doesn't require me to reconfigure the leads in different holes for volts and ohms. And the ammeter is built in to the meter instead of a separate device. I think I gave about 75 bucks for it. I use it a LOT.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,

Does the camp-on amps work for DC as well as AC? If so, could you see who made it?
Thanks,
Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

yes, that is why I bought one. Helped me find a small drain and paid for itself right away,

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Hi Steve,

Just to be clear, I knew yours measured DC amps in the clamp-on mode. My question was to Richard who had indicated he bought "one" for $75. To measure DC amps with a clamp-on, hall effect sensors are normally used. These are a bit expensive and usually push the cost of a DC clamp-on into three figures. I just wanted to know if Richard's was AC/DC or AC only. I am sure he will respond soon. Thanks, Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Russ,

Not ignoring you, but it is in the coach, and I haven't been there since you posted. I don't know, I have never tried to measure DC amps, but I will as soon as I can.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard,

If it turns out to be AC only, and I think it will, ask Santa Claus for an AC/DC. The capability to read DC without disconnecting the circuit can be very handy.

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Russ, the one that I bought is only about $152.00 from the supplier with the link that was posted. Not bad for the price!

Steve,

I've got one lined up for $94 but I just wanted to be sure Richard had not out shopped me!

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )