You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Amp/Multi meter

(09-05-2012, 11:02 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  Steve,

I've got one lined up for $94 but I just wanted to be sure Richard had not out shopped me!

Send pictures when you get it. I know that there are some good deals out there. Ours are likely made by the same people, I just respect Blue Seas and know their quality. I have had mine for a few years now and use it on the job as well as at the coach.
cheers

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I agree with you on Blue Seas and I have a couple type T fuses on order from them right now.

Here is a link to the meter I will purchase.

http://tinyurl.com/cq3lxqy

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,
Let me know how you like it. I may need to get one at that $$$$!

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

The shipping info says usually ships in 1 to 2 months, wonder why so long!

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,

Just as I was ready to click place the order I saw the long delay. I have no idea why, but I sure was not going to wait that long. In the end I paid more - $137 for AC/DC clamp on that looks good on paper. I'll post back how it works out. This is what I ordered:

Klein Tools CL2000 AC/DC True RMS Clamp Meter

Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

An electrician here has one like this and swears by it. It has an end reading as well as a top reading.
The following web site sells it for the cheapest price with limited lifetime warranty. Other things to look for are the tolerances of how accurate they actually will measure.

http://solarelectricdistributor.com/shop...60Amp.html

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

Brad,

That is a fairly deceptive description with the words AC/DC together like that. The meter in your link will not measure DC amps via the clamp-on feature. For our coaches having the ability to measure DC without disconnecting the circuit ( just clamping the jaws around the wire ) is a feature a meter of this type needs to have. That is not a good price at all for a meter than cannot read DC.

Here is a picture of the one I just received that measure AC or DC. I am not recommeding it just yet as I have not had an oppportunity to use and test it. ( $109 delivered )

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Thanks Russ.
Good thing for this site for info and insight on stuff.
I tried to find what the electrician had and got the wrong one.I think his is no longer made but a more expensive model.
Is the Klein what you are recommending?

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

I am NOT ready to recommend it, but at that price I am sure ready to give it a chance. It has a bunch of neat features and even an LED that lights up the area you are going to use it. The only really strange thing is the range of the highest "in series" DC current range. The manual states it as 2000 micro amps. That in its self is confusing and not a common way to state the range. That converts to just 2 milli amps - a very small number. I highly suspect something got transposed in the translation. I need to test that too. So if you need something right away you can always dig deep and go with a Fluke.

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Not in a hurry.
I would rather buy right and buy once.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.