You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Amazing!!!!

Is it black?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I tried the email on the bus central site to Doug for the car dealer coach, and received this reply,

"I think it sold. Ill let you know if it doesn't happen. It has been maintained wonderfully. Batt are new this year($2k). All tires new 5k miles ago.($6k) Just had both slide hydroloics and electronics updated at hwh factory that is who builds slides for newell ($10k)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

I bought it yesterday. Big questions:
Can I plug this Newell into a single phase 220V system? I live in the country.

True tires only have 5000 miles, but are 5 years front and 6 years back, (tire dating). Beautiful looking, but Newell says replace fronts if over 3 years and 5 for rears. Should I?

Welcome! Hope you enjoy it and a lot of us would love to hear your story. Seems like the owner has been difficult to reach.
Read through this: http://www.myrv.us/electric/
You need to be sure the receptacle supplies 2 different 120volt sources which will give you 220volt across these 2 pins, and 120volt from each pin to ground.
Make sure you don't plug into a receptacle that supplies 2 sources of 220volts! Best bet is to install a protector like the Progressive. These won't allow the wrong voltage.
On a heavy coach like that I would change the tires. You're so close to needing tires it would be a smart thing to change them.
Where are you located?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

congrats. that is a really pretty coach.

i pretty much subscribe to the tire age thing. i changed my fronts to the 365's and they can go 5 years as well.

we are glad to help you. what is your experience level with coaches?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Geekhauler,

All RV electric systems are single phase systems. Three phase is for really large loads, 100 plus ton chillers for instance. A building served by a three phase entrance would have one of the phases selected for the RV plug.

All 50 amp coaches, Newell included, use a four (4) wire, 240 volt RV style connector plug. The connections are arranged in a diamond shape.

The top of the diamond is the neutral. The bottom of the diamond is ground. One side is leg one and the other side is leg two.

From leg one to neutral or ground is 120 volts. From leg two to neutral or ground is 120 volts. From leg to leg is 240 volts.

The exception is a RV park that has both legs on one 100 amp leg of incoming power. In that instance, leg to leg would be 0 volts and the 240 volt electric element in the Aqua Hot would not produce any heat. Same thing as if connected to 30 amp shore power.

A residential 240 volt three wire dryer plug (leg one, leg two, neutral) will not work correctly unless you know how to change to 4 wire plug and add the ground wire. No ground wire and my EMS will not connect the coach to shore power and will display an error code.

Hope this helps.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Tire replacement is way cheaper than body damage if you blow a tire. To help take out the "sting" try to sell your old tires to a local trucker for use on a trailer.

Congrats on your new coach! In 2009 I had that coach on my screensaver----that's how much I like the paint job. Wouldn't deal back then.

Tires are the biggest safety system you have on your coach. I definitely wouldn't stretch the age of the front tires at all. Rear tires: if you get a blow out the damage will be more than the cost of new tires. DO YOU FEEL LUCKY? Familiarize yourself with the Michelin tire program and it will reduce the outlay a lot.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Thank you for all the great advise. I will take it. What is the Michelin tire program. Currently has Firestone.

Will discuss the wiring with my electrician, depending where I end up storing it. I have a nice building, but lacks critter-proof improvements. But, is right next door.

My first RV, except for a slide-in camper in the 70's. Buy lot's of big boat experience, 53' Grand Banks Alaskan, 32' Striker, and a 32' Carver on the Missippi. A lot of similarities, except for the tires to big RV's.

Studying the manuals and specifications. Talked to Newell today. May move it there for service, as seller did all the maintenance in his shops, (was auto dealer).

Once again, thanks. Bill Larson

here is the link to my post on the michelin advantage tire program. i have used it 3 times successfully

tom

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Michelin-T...=advantage

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH