You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microwave/Convection oven problem

I tried to cook a Papa Murphy Pizza last night and it came out almost raw after 2 cook times. Today I did some checking, when set on preheat at 400 degrees it reached 170. I then set it on convection at 400 degrees for 5 min., at the end of 5 min. it reachs about 200 degrees. I'm on a good 50 amp. plugin, reading 116.6 volts. This is a new microwave put in at Newell 8/14/13. Has anyone had this kind of a problem or have any idea what can be wrong with it. I have not call Newell yet, I'll wait until Mon. for that. Thanks for your help.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

This won't be a lot of help in solving the "why", but our experience cooking a Papa Murphy's pizza on convection was the same. Everything else cooks fine. Might want to try cooking something else and evaluate the results.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve thanks for your input. I did some more research on the oven, like a preheat test to 425 it went to 175. I then put it on convec oven for 5 min at 400 it made it to 200 degrees. I got an OK to take it to a local service to get it fixed. They found the same problem that I had found. Now here is the kicker to this tail. The serviceman got in touch with Sharp, and they gave him 4 different things to check, they all gave him the right reading. After all this testing he found that the oven was working correctly. He didn't know what fixed it. I'm to pick it up later today I'll let you know if it works.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob,
Let me know how it works out. Ours has worked fine since trying to do the pizza.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Does it do the same thing when you are using the generator?

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Shouldn't pizza be cooked on a rack rather than on the turntable? Just a thought. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Many things is life are fixed with just a light tap with a hammer.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Chappell,
We did cook ours on the metal rack. We cooked three. The first one cooked perfectly. The next two were undercooked. We quit trying pizza and it has worked since,

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Hey Steve, Tuga, and Chappell,
I got the oven back, I'm baking fish for dinner Wed. night I'll let you know how it works then. I didn't try running the ginny for power, but was sure I had 116.6 volts.The way you cook a Papa Murphy's Pizza is place it in it's special plate on the rack. If you want a crisper crust you take it off the plate and place it on the rack after 10 min. to bake 8 or 10 mins. more. I don't know what the plate is made of.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Bob

If you put an oven thermometer in the oven then how close is the thermometer to the set point?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )