You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microwave/Convection oven problem

When I set oven to cook at 400 degrees it only made it to 200 degrees. This was after I had just set it to preheat at 425 degrees it reached 175.

Bob & Peg Standeford
1999 Newell #516 Series 60 DD 2 Slides
2004 Saturn Wagon

Hi Bob, Were you getting 116.6V while oven was on? I'm assuming this reading is at the Newell installed voltage gauge. I'm wondering if you are getting voltage drop at the receptacle. You might try reading voltage at receptacle using a hand-held meter. Ideally with the oven or similar appliance (toaster , hair dryer) drawing current.

Edit, Upon rereading your posts I think I understand that the M/W malfunctioned at the service shop as well. This would eliminate your power supply as a suspect. It still would be interesting to know how the voltage at the receptacle compares with the Newell installed gauges.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

The voltage gauge read almost 120, but with my meter I checked the plugin just below the M/W it read 16.6. After I removed the M/W I checked that plugin it read 16.6 also. This was the only way I had of checking the voltage. Yes the serviceman got the same reading on the temps that I had found.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

I'm rooting for you to figure this thing out because I like my Papa Murphy's pizzas.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Bob,

Sorry, I should have been more descriptive. If the max the oven will reach is 200 then you may have a defective heating element. If the temp varies with set point then you may have a temp controller problem.

I sure don't understand your reading of voltage at the plug.mthat doesn't make sense to me, that any 120 V appliance would function plugged into 16 V. When you measure other plugs do you get 16?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

sorry that was 116.6 not 16.6 and the fish turned out great I baked it at 425 degrees.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

Sorry I can't leave this alone. If the oven is only reaching 200 degrees then how did the fish turn out fine? Is the oven now reaching temperature?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Sorry Richard, I think you miss one post. I took oven to serviceman to work on it. When he first check it out he found the same thing that I had found, such as only going to 200 degrees when set at 400. He called Sharp and they gave him 4 things to check, which he did. All of the reading were good. When he put it back together it worked just fine, reaching 400 degrees when set to 400. It sounds to me that something was loose and when he was checking the 4 things he made a better connection. He said he didn't know what he did to fix it.

Steve you'll be happy to hear I cooked 2 Papa Murphy's last night, 1 stuffed 5 meat, and 1 cowboy. They both turned out just great. I read the instructions a little better, and noticed you were to let it set out of fridge for about 1 hr. before cooking. I think this lets the dough raise. Anyway you're free to have your Pizza again.

Bob & Peg Standeford
2004 Saturn Wagon

VERY GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531