You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Kenmore Stacked Washer/Dryer

Our Kenmore Washer stops at the rinse cycle (at all three wash settings).
Once we manually move or adjust the control forward (beyond rinse)the cycle completes. Can the wash cycle setting/timer be repaired/ or replaced without removing the entire stack unit? Has anyone else had Kenmore washer issues/solutions?

Coach 554
Tom & Patti
Rancho Santa Fe, California

I replaced the timer/rotary switch on a Kenmore washer several years ago. I went to an appliance repair place in town with the make and model and they ordered a new timer ,that is what they called it, for approx $60. I installed it fairly easily. Apparently these fail regularly.
I did not order the part through sears. They are a common part to many makes. Check with an appliance repair place.
Hope this helps.

Peter Haggins
Courtenay BC
Canada
96 Wanderlodge 42' Mid Door

Thanks so much... I appreciate your response!!

Coach 554
Tom & Patti
Rancho Santa Fe, California

i buy appliance parts online and they are even cheaper. if you put the model number in you can find the part number

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/

http://www.partselect.com/

are a couple of them

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

ditto on appliancepartspros. I've bought from them many times.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Mine did the same thing, I found it was the washing machine door switch was broken, happens when the door gets dropped closed. Put a new switch in and it worked perfectly, was a common problem with the washing machine

Rick and Barb Carlson

1996 Newell #405