You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

House Battery Connections

remember there is one positive to the inverter. one to the merge switch in the back, and one to a terminal block that services the entire house side of the coach. the latter two may be on a common bus bar.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That's a good looking switch, Tom - what's the source? I'm not sure if I'm seeing the fuse block - is it on the black or red cable?

Thanks,
Chuck

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Marinco 720 Marine Heavy Duty Disconnect Switch
by BEP Marine

it is about 75 bucks on amazon.

i will take a better picture of the fuse block and post it in a little while

tom

here is the fuse block.  under the plastic is one of the big 2 fuses with a lug on each side.  just like the ones on the batteries.  

the black cable on the top is from the battery bank and is actually a positive cable.  it has red on the end where the lug is.  that is the way newell ran it.  

the big red cable off the bottom is the one i ran to the battery disconnect switch pictured in my previous post.  

i used 4/0 cable if i remember right.  welding cable.  cant source it locally so i found a place to buy it online that was fairly prices.  

the local welding shops dont carry anything that big.  they dont use it for hardly anything.  

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check out battleborn 100a lifepo4 batts.
10 year guarantee.
Cannot be damaged from lv depletion.
Zero mtce
Much smaller and much lighter.
One 100ah lifepo4 is effectively equal in storage to two T105 trojans
BB batts can be discharged at 100% without damage
T105s can be discharged to 50% without damage
Reduced recharging times (especially handy with gen set recharge. Batts will accept whatever your inverter is capable of charging at. 50% charge rate. 100a lifepo4 charges at 50a rate. Greatly reduces genset recharge time).
Battleborn is a US company with superior support.

$850 Battleborne (10 year warranty) vs $320 T105 (18 month warranty) with more than twice the life expectancy and 10 years minimum of trouble free operation.

Your inverter must have the capability to charge at 14.4 volts (typically a custom setting)
Older inverters can many times be upgraded to this capability with new board and controller (i.e. Magnum board $220 and Magnum ARC controller $230).
My 2 cents

This after my $550 per AGMs no good after about two years. Eight bad batts...No warranty protection.

Bob Blair
Ptld Or
Coach 267
1991 44'

Hi Bob, Yup, that's what I just bought. Can't wait to get them up and running, but being careful with design, procedure and commissioning.
Hey Tom, thanks for the additional details - sorry you had to crawl in there to get such a good shot! What's the amperage of that fuse?

Chuck

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")