You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Glendinning cablemaster

My coach has a cablemaster CM-7 installed for the power cord. It slips some as the cord goes in or out. I adjusted the main cable pulley and now no slippage. The procedure is simple & only took about 15 minutes. The procedure is outlined in the owners manual, but I'll repeat it in case one doesn't have the manual. If your cord slips the pulley is too loose. If you can not easily pull the cord out with the motor off, it is too tight.

The pulley adjustment is done by adding(loosen) or removing(tighten) nylon shims. The two piece pulley is held together with four 1/4" studs, nuts & lock washers. Remove the four 1/4" nuts and lock washers and the outside of the pulley easily pulls off. Each stud will have a number of shims depending on the size of your cord--mine had 3 shims on each stud. I removed one shim from each stud so as to tighten the pulley and correct the slippage. Note: the manual advises removing only one shim at a time and retest and always have the same number of shims on each stud. Each shim in mine were .030. Put the outer half of the pulley back on over the studs and put the nuts and lock washers on hand tight. Tighten the nuts on the studs as you pull and push the cable in & out so you don't pinch the cable. First by hand & then with a wrench or socket. Once tight, test your adjustment. If still slipping, then remove a second shim and retest.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

thanks steve. mine slips too and it has been low on my list to figure out

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH