You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1998 bath and half at MOT

Been there done that with the bladder.... lol
Is the 2000 a bath and a half? I have a friend looking and this may be something that would work for him. I think that other 98 posted on here is a sharp coach and a good buy.
I have a friend with a 98 2 slide that is for sale, he has had it for sale locally but i think it may be headed to Nacogdoches soon.

The 2000 is a rear closet. Personally, if they were the same price or close to it, meaning the 1998, I would choose the 98. It is a very clean well laid out coach from the looks of it. I know nothing about the mechanical part of it. One big thing I noticed about the 2000, it looks like a cat or something did a number on the dash in front of the passengers seat. Also the passenger seat need recovering, and the diamond shield on the front needs to be taken off, just to name some of the things I noticed. The 2000 will be 159,000 and the 98 is 129,000 so I understand. It is just a matter of what a person is looking for. I don't need three slides and as far as the bedroom having two slides, all I do there is sleep there. We love the living room slide in ours and we have one in the bed room. Well it is there so I use it. More slides more bladders and hoses more money. Mike at MOT told me what happen on the 98 was the bladder stuck to the slide and came out with it. He said it is best to use them and not let them set up for a long period of time, especially in the summer.

There must be something we can spray on the slides to keep this from happening. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Chappell,
Newell's recommendation for keeping the seals from sticking to the slides is to keep the area where the seals contact the slides as slick as possible. I wax mine and use the Wash/Wax All regularly on those surfaces. Easy to forget these surfaces as they are hidden when the slides are in.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Good idea Steve. When the slides are out I guess one could get polish in between the slide and seals next to the coach before you cut off the key. Haven't look to see how much room there is, but bet it can be done.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot