You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Coaches for sale

While Waiting for racing to begin Suzy & I went to the Camping World coach display at the track. We only looked at coaches that were priced from 200K to 400k. It made us feel like we stole our coach! The quality of all the coaches we looked at was poor. The quality of the stuff in the coach was cheap, flimsy & substandard. Lots of flimsy plastic. For example, the showers in the coaches looked like they would shake apart in the first 50 miles. USED NEWELLS ARE WAY UNDERPRICED.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

That's a FACT! I was very disappoint at the FMCA.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

My favorite analogy on this subject is the comparison of a class B motorhome new selling for around $125,000 and comparing that to a new 45 ft long Newell with a 500hp diesel engine selling for around the same dollar amount.

Unbelieveable!!!!

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

My favorite analogy on this subject is a new class B motorhome selling for around $125,000 compared to a 45 foot Newell that's 15 years old selling for about the same dollar amount!!!

That just blows my mind! But it happens every day.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

We have come to the same conclsusion time and again when checking out stuff at the "Big White Tent" event in Quartzite.

I see this all the time with clients that bring their coach to me for flooring. How can I cut wood tight against a wall when the walls move?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

I think it all boils down to payments & ability to get a loan.
Otherwise you'd never see these kind of prices.
http://www.rvt.com/rvdetail5305173.htm

It also scares some when they realize it takes 700$ plus to fill the tank.

Jimmy

when i first started looking for a bus coach, i started off looking at wanderlodges. i didnt know about newells. (i would have been happy i am sure in a BB).

as i followed prices, quite a few of them were priced extremely high. when i talked to the owners the universal reply was "that is what i owe on it" so they figured that was what it was worth.

i think that is the case with most coaches, newells included.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Other than corporate owned or leased, I would think most Newells are paid for, cash?

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

"Leverage" is used like ''savings" today as most people did not sacrifice lifestyle even when the economy tanked and we know many fixed incomers that have little cash but can make payments too.

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border