You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Entry Door Deadbolt Bites the Dust

I used a different lock than Steve and Steve. I used a Schagle from Home Depot also. Mine has a key hole, and electronic keypad. I wanted a key to have in case the batteries or circuit died. I also wanted a knob to turn to activate the deadbolt instead of depending on the batteries to move the bolt, since my bolt is snug.

Like Steve, this lock required two longer bolts to span the thickness of the door. The bolts had special heads on them and could be ordered from Schagle. Of course, I was impatient, and used a file to make the bolts.

Rhonda says the keypad lock was the best upgrade ever for the coach.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

"I wanted a key to have in case the batteries or circuit died. I also wanted a knob to turn to activate the deadbolt instead of depending on the batteries to move the bolt, since my bolt is snug."

Not questioning your choice, as I believe choices are good. Just to clarify the one that the dueling Steve's used has both a keyhole & a handle to open the lock.  Both work even if there are no batteries in the lock.  

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

My 86 has a 1 5/8" bore hole instead of the standard 2 1/8", so Lowes and Home Depot are out for deadbolt hardware. I found a site online that has a low profile Baldwin unit available in multiple finishes. Here's a link if anybody else is interested: https://www.doorhardwarecenter.com/baldw...-bore-hole

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad