You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

89' on eBay

Interesting Exaust on Rear Roof?

1989 Newell 40ft Diesel Pusher

http://bit.ly/1cq4xAe

Jimmy

It's got you written all over Jimmy! Wait no. Doesn't look like there's my projects with this one. You would be bored.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Oh yea I can see project material!!
Mama says I have to retire first.... One more year!!

Jimmy

Make sure you have a mobile garage like Clarke to pull behind you. We could use your skills and knowledge on the road.

Speaking of mobile garages. If you have a dual axle trailer and assuming the weight is distributed evenly in the trailer. Do you think that adds much weight to the coach? Reason I ask is that I see advantages to the mobile garage in taking whatever car we want with us as opposed to the only one set up to tow now. Also more of our stuff can go in a trailer, be more easily accessible and also decrease some of the weight in the coach. Does make sense or will the hitch of a trailer still add that much to a coach?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Only the tongue weight would add to the weight of the coach......

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I believe that the general rule is that 10% of the trailer weight should be on the tongue. I have always tow-barred my jeep but set up an 18' Imperial open trailer to tow behind my Newell this year. I think an enclosed trailer like Clarke is using would be great!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I have towed this trailer from race track to race track for over 250,000 miles and it weighs between 20,000-25000#'s. I don't know what the tongue weight is but it has been an easy tow as well as being able to back it into any space wide enough to hold it.

94 Newell #365, 2009 Smart, 2005 500SL, 2012 ML350, 1934 Ford Streetrod Golf Cart, 1958 Century Coronado, 1965 Cruisers Inc. Car and Boat CrazyTongue

Jimmy, Rear roof thingy is air intake snorkle. In one pic you can see round exhaust on left rear under coach.

That's Different!!?

Jimmy