You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bay heater

you going to polish it up like a mirror?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

That has actually begun, I am rebuilding the original side and tail lights so the polishing has started on those areas. It will look kinda funny with a few panels polished but that is how it starts. This Airstream is being restored as close to original as possible and safe. Next week I should get the new axle with electric brakes, I bought the new tires the 1st of this month. Then with the axle, tail lights and license plate installed it will be road ready again.
We are taking it to Hurkey Creek Campground next month for a Teardrop and Vintage Trailer get together. It will not be very usable by then but that Campground is only 15 to 20 minutes away from our cabin. Not sure that it will ever replace the Newell but it will fit in places that we cannot get into now.
PS and the Airstream will make a great "guest house" later on since we cannot get the Newell on our property.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

That's great Steve. Are you going to start pulling the Airstream behind your Newell?

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Sounds like a great project Steve, those old airsteams are cool!!

Love old schoolHeart
1976 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd
1977 Newell 8.3 cummins allison 6spd

yeah they are very cool Retro! but we like old stuff! PS the Airstream will attract attention when it is behind our 1952 Pontiac Sedan Delivery! The Pontiac comes out of paint before the end of the year and then I get to put it back together.
Don't expect to tow it behind the Newell Michael because that may be like bring a box lunch to a banquet! really I have thought that we may but since they are so different they will have much different uses. Say State Parks, we like to go to Doheny Beach but there is only one space that they say can accommodate a 38-40' Motorhome but really there are only a few spaces that we fit into. Now we can fit into all of the sites there.
Who knows maybe we will follow Brad and Karen's lead with their Alto and take a road trip?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch