You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2002 for sale

One never knows. Had a bite on the Scottsdale hm. Just need to set the hook.
It's a very doable project. And besides Tom could help!!

Jimmy

It does have an observation deck...that'd be pretty cool for Nascar etc...

I had a 78 58 ft galley up .. Love hats love Newell'sSmile

I have some pics of the coach and the body damage.. If anyone lets me know I can forward them

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

2002 Newell: I have some new pictures from the salesman's iPhone this morning if anyone is interested. Some are a bit dark.

Hatteras Motoryacht: my 1970 was amazing in the engineering and quality. The boat is still running today 43 years later, and still worth $150k or more.

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

All previous comments appear to be on target. Expect to spend lots of money to bring the girl back to life. Carpet, from photo, appears to need TLC or replacement, steering wheel leather is shot, if engine has been maintained I would not be too concerned about it. Generator is nearing the end of its life. Looks like arm rests and likely drivers seat is VERY worn. VIN is correct with exception of extra 1 on the end as mentioned earlier. Built toward the end of 2001 as a 2002. Would be a project coach and, as Tom can attest, brakes and suspension will likely need redoing.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

The same company had another coach they sold earlier this year. It was a no slide and I think it sold for around 60k it was a no slide and similar issues. The scary thing on this coach is you could buy it for 100 and might get lucky and get by for 20 k if you do the work yourself or could get into it and get stuck for another 150k if the systems are bad.. Risk reward right?..

Marc Newman

Yachts was this like your Hatt? This is located about 30 min from the factory. I see it when I eat lunch at the restaurant where it is docked. It is a BIG boat when you stand next to it.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1979-H...-102120528

Actually I know that boat.. Mine I took to the same lake in 94..bought it in Lake Erie.. Mine didn't have the hard enclosure across the back.. That boat has actually partly sunk twice and has severe electrical issues. I looked at it and considered it before I decided on my Newell.. That boat also needs a paint job.. A paint job on a 58 is 100k.. I think in the condition it's in its a 50k boat.

Hey French I just realized you must be in Oklahoma. That boat is at shangri la correct? We should meet up some time.. I'm probly going to the factory in the next month for some interior redoSmile

Marc Newman