You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Sand Dollar!

OK so here is what happened today. A little young lady about 5-6 years old collected a number of San Dollars on the beach here at Morro Bay. She came back to the tents so proud that she had found so many Sand Dollars that were in such good condition and she proudly displayed them to her Grandparents.
I overheard and asked to see them and she was so proud when she showed them to me! I asked if she could sell me one for $.25 and she said that she would. OK here is where it gets interesting. I give her the quarter, show it and give it to Patti and she promptly drops it!! (not so worried about the $.25 but it was a great Sand Dollar).
So a little later I ask the little young lady if she would sell me another one. She does and this one is even better. A neighbor comes by, we have a beer and I set the Sand Dollar on a post next in our site. Yep, as you would guess Mike opens the beer and leans on the Sand Dollar!!! these are very fragile and the thing breaks into many pieces.

Moral of the story; if you get something fragile like a Sand Dollar take a picture of it right away or don't let anyone near it.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch