You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tough sale

Has the same coach for sale twice, the original ad listed it at 279000.. Now an additional ad listing the same coach for 50k more.. But it now has 800 miles more on it..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Yes, but the higher priced ad has better pictures :-)

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

link?

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Maybe he realizes he has a better coach than he thought. I have changes the prices of my coaches after using both and as I spend money on each coach. All coaches are different and can require upgrades and wear items. I spent well over 100K in upgrades and aged parts on the 96 and have spent 30k on the 04. Technology changes yearly and it takes time and dollars to keep a coach current. A coach is worth what a buyer will pay and a seller will take. The art of a deal is not having to deal on both sides. Newell's in my opinion is the best built coach in the industry and should hold its value no matter what age.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I agree Ron but it would make sense to remove the older ad would seem to make sense.. The cheaper price was what e was selling it for himself and now it's listed with a dealer for a more expensive price.

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

he is just covering the dealer profit. when i was shopping last there were quite a few coaches that were like that.

they would try to sell it on their own, then give up and have a dealer sell it for them and just mark up the price enough to cover the dealer fees and clear the same amount of money

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

"A coach is worth what a buyer will pay and a seller will take." When we sold our mpg trailer we checked NADA and other sources to get an idea of a fair price. When we took it in for consignment they asked what we wanted out of it, and I said they should tell me. They quoted a price somewhat above what I thought was fair, so I figured that there would be some room for negotiation and their cut. They sold it for the asking price! Sometimes having a dealer involved makes the buyer a little bit more comfortable, since the dealer has a reputation to protect.

David Lininger, kb0zke
1993 Foretravel U300 40'
Build 4371