You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

1989 for sale in phoenix

Todd,

Did you have to rebuild your engine?

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I did. Strange thing was that it ran great. Excellent power Nd no signs of any trouble. However if you go back and look at the thread I started at that time when they removed the oil pan to change it because it had a sizable dent in it, they literally found chunks of metal. So it was close to a major failure. It was quite expensive but after all is said and done we know exactly what we have now mechanically. It runs excellent and we are very happy with all the improvements and upgrades. I have discovered that owning one of these is like owning a house in a way. Both my wife and I are always coming up with improvement projects that start out with "would it be nice if...". That is better than it started out which were things we had to do so we could use the coach.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I looked at this coach today and it looks as good as the pictures. The paint is a little peeled at the top edge with the roof otherwise it looks good. It has some scratches, but no big deal. All compartment doors and lifts operate and seal properly. The door to the coach closes tight and the seams are even. Some of the rubber on the windows is dry. The windows appear to be single pane. I'm not a mechanic, but the engine compartment looked clean for a rig of this age. Seller said some hoses and belts were recently replaced. It needs new tires and batteries. It fired right up and sounded fine, idled smooth as did the genny. A/C blew cold all the heat appears to be electric and came on when the thermostat called for heat. I couldn't test any of the water systems as the tanks were empty and no hose connected. The interior is very clean, could use a surface cleaning, but no stains jumped out at me.
I looked at Tom and Darlenes rig last year and my opinion is still the same. My 31ft Lazy Daze works for us. I understand the systems and the size doesn't intimidate me. This would be a good find if the systems all check out. The seller seems motivated. PM me for price discussion.

It is Coach #194