You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Lithium battery install

Here is the latest update on the Lithium battery bank install that began this thread. If you are new to this thread, the first couple of pages will set the stage for the once a year update.

I tested the capacity at greater than 960 amp hours on a nameplate system of 1000 amp hours. I actually think it may be higher but I cut the test off before I hit the lower voltage alarm limit. Between Forest and I, the bank has been in service for 6.5 years.

I did take the time to hook the battery bank to a data logger and record both the lower and upper voltage inflection points. For those of you not gonzo about Lithium's, it is necessary to know where those points are in order to safely operate the bank. I did this testing to determine the characteristics for MY bank, and not depend on older data supplied by a now defunct supplier.

So other than cleaning up all the connections and applying anti oxidant grease, the bank has been maintenance free and continues to perform.

For those interested, I charge to 90 % SOC, and discharge to 20% SOC. I allow them to float around 70% SOC.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That’s awesome Richard! Thanks for sharing the updates - I would love to do this upgrade eventually. How much do you guys use your coach? How much do you boon-dock?

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40