You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Window felt runners for 1984

Where would I find the Peninsula logo on my windows? Now I'm concerned....if they are not Peninsula how do I find out what they are? There is a little logo on my drivers side window that says "INT-TEMP"....would that be the maker?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

I think I saw the same on mine as well. So are you saying you are not sure what you have as well Clark?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

the pennisula logo would not be on the glass, but on the frame somewhere.

below is a picture of the original drivers side window that is in my 90. i replaced all the windows except for this one and the passenger side. on my 90 these two were pennisula double pane windows and the rest were single pane Hehr windows.

i did find a pennisula log on the center bar upright on the newer windows, but in this picture didnt see one. my 90 is in storage so when i go over there this weekend i will look again.

but, the style they used was very distinctive so they can tell from a picture.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i found a picture of the passenger side front window with the penninsula logo. this is the original window from 1989 when it was made

tom

I have none of those on my frames.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

do your frames look the same?

(09-07-2012, 10:49 AM)encantotom Wrote:  do your frames look the same?

Nope.....mine don't look like that at all. And here I thought all the time I had Peninsula Windows.....hmmm.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I'm hoping Steve Ward, Prarieschooner, will chime in.....he probably knows what kind of windows we have.....our coaches were both finished the same month of 1982 I believe, and look almost identical, so I'm assuming he has the same windows as I do.

2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB

I ran into this problem with my 74' not sure if the same window but I had to remove the window and disasemble. I had broken glass and the felts were shot. I purchased the felt from JC Whitney first but wasn't right then went to newell for the felt channel, but really had problems finding the glass. Finally had some cut from some very old stock from a local glass company.. Used all they could find.. ended up with the drivers window being the only one that would slide like it should.. the rest were 3/16 and I had the glass guy sand the edges to fit... didn't leak but very hard to slide.. My fix was going to be replace the windows with Pensulia .. sold the coach so that didn't happen..

(08-20-2012, 07:52 AM)Flick Wrote:  Richard I just got the email below from the service guys at Newell. I have ordered the felt, but tell me what you think of his suggested steps and the caution on the windows. I dont have any choice in that my windows do not open right now so this needs to be done. I will call a window place to see if I can have new windows cut to this size and diameter if I do break them. Surely these break and are replaced so i am not sure what he means by "impossible".

Todd,
I want to caution you on this job. We will sell the material but we will not install it on any coach because it very likely you will break a window removing it from the coach. If you break a window the glass is impossible to get. Back in the day when those were built it was 1/8 in glass, but now 1/8 in glass is 3/16 in. When you assemble the glass the window will not slide.

Steps on removal
Remove screws from inside frame and any components to access screw removal.
Remove window from coach the sealer is very good sealer so use caution
Unscrew the frame tab that holds the window frame together (4) per window
Remove glass and felt and all the rubber (grommets) pieces on window
We made a piece of wood to push the felt back in the groove no glue needed, but it would not hurt
Reinstall the glass and back in the coach
I will not have a measurement on how much material you will need

Jim

Jimmy