You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Stove upgrade

Why is it common to have only a cook top?
I recently installed a 4 burner stove and oven, there was room to save the bottom drawer after shortening it 1.5".
All that remains is to cut down and re-install the doors.
I put a few pictures in my gallery.

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"

Once they came up with convection microwaves it took away the need for an oven. We think the convection cooks better & saves space.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Too Many Explosions! RV ovens do not= Home ovens.....

Jimmy

The MH we have owned that had ovens also had microwaves. We used the oven as storage. Never cut them on. Chappell

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

We owned 3 Airstreams in the dim and distant past. All three had gas cooktops and ovens. Georgia loved them, especially since she likes to bake. We we sold our house and moved into the 34' Airstream, she really enjoyed the oven. Haven't had one in an RV since we sold the Airstream over 10 years ago, just the convection microwaves. If you don't live in your RV full time and/or you don't bake, they are likely not worthwhile. If you do, the cook in the family may appreciate the "real' oven. Now that we don't spend much time in the Newell, it isn't a big deal but Georgia sure uses the twin ovens in our house.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We have a Magic Chef stove and oven, and Elaine loves the oven.....we had a microwave/convection, but got rid of it....she prefers the gas oven to the convection oven by a mile.....I miss the microwave.....I like to reheat my coffee sometimes.....Big Grin

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Our previous camper had an oven, we never had a problem and used it quite a bit. Now we have an oven and a microwave. Big Grin
I think I will build a frame for the cooktop and a mount so I can use it outside, I have a propane outlet in the storage bay next to my door.
We often camp with a number of friends, our site seems to be the gathering place, I cooked quite a bit outside talking to friends when we used a pop up.

1983 38' Classic #007
8.3 Cummins, Allison 6 spd.
"Any other Way"