You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

'83 "classic" 38 footer $32,000

http://www.rvtrader.com/listing/1983-New...-111487233

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

wonder about that rear bumper extension?
nice looking coach

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Yeah, Ernie, I was wondering about that also....have never seen that on any Newell Classic.....makes it look dorky.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Great colors and graphics, just not a fan of Cummins.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(12-27-2013, 09:34 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Great colors and graphics, just not a fan of Cummins.

Yup Steve, me neither.....looks like the graphics were updated to resemble 90's Newells.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

My 1981 classic has the 903 cummins in it and it has performed great for the 7 years that I have owned the bus, had 1 problem with the jake brakes.
If I was ever in the market for another classic it would have a cummins in it.
The only down side I see it parts are getting harder to find.
On the last trip to Cordova, Ill. It averaged 6.5 mpg pulling a 10,000 lb. enclosed trailer. Paul

Yeah, I had the often maligned Cummins 555 in my '78 Newel (the 903's little brother)l. It was a little slow on the hills but would run 75 mph all day on the flat and got 6=7 mpg. Also, it didn't leak oil, didn't smoke but a little after we turned the pump up, didn't blow up and sounded great...!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

sorry guys I think it is just the Chevy / Dodge thing! I am more a Detroit guy most likely from my Marine experience. All of these 2 Strokes are getting harder to get parts for though.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

I'm on your side Steve. Nothing sounds quite like a 2 stroke DD! Especially in a tunnel or underpass. The "Silver" series also seems to have fixed the oil leakage problem. Just harder to find mechanics who know how to work on them though. Haven't had a parts problem yet.

Actually haven't needed anything that wasn't available somehow. The Alternator is specialized and no longer available although when I needed mine rebuilt I was able to go to the Port Of Los Angeles and have it rebuilt. I do carry a few spares but haven't put on the miles that Clarke has.
What I meant about parts is that at least in California they are being replaced with 4 Strokes. That does make it harder here to find someone who knows enough about say the Rack to be able to properly set the adjustments. Luckily I have most of the tools I need so far, still want to get out to see Tom's Bus guy though.
And yes, that sound is unique! I get Truckers hailing me and commenting