You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

2001 2-slide $199K

http://www.rvonline.com/single-ad.asp?Re...chMethod=1

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Very nice coach Steve.
MOT has just got in a 2002 4 slide front entry, ACs under and has a bath and 1/2. 239,000. Electric shades and awnings. Pretty nice coach. Not pictured yet. Came to them from factory.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

I saw this one online last night for the first time. It looks very clean. The only downside I see is the washer dryer combo. I had one on a boat and it was worthless 3 hours to do a load. Not sure where you could put a stackable unit...

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

The Splendide Washer/Dryer combo is certainly not as useful as stacked units but it beats the heck out of laundromats and in some cases, it is the only alternative without major loss of closet space. We have used our combo extensively and it does work. The loads are smaller and if you let it run the full wash and dry cycle it does take several hours. The benefit is that you don't have to move the clothes, just put them in and when the buzzer goes off, take them out, fold them and put them away. When we were living in our coach full time, we had the combo unit running much of the time to avoid laundromats.

Many of the bath and a half Newells don't have a washer/dryer at all and I would MUCH prefer a combo to no washer/dryer. We backed away from the first Newell we made an offer on when the factory told us there was no way to install even a combo unit in it.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Funny how things work out. When I bought the Country Coach Suzy thought the Splendide w/d was a total waste of space. She would never use it. Eight years later, when we were looking for a Newell, Suzy wouldn't consider a coach unless it had a w/d. Our experience with the Splendide and the stacked unit is similar to Michaels, but we wouldn't do without.

"I would MUCH prefer a combo to no washer/dryer"---------ditto!

On the other hand I have never been told by Newell they couldn't do something. The answer has always been it just takes money. So If you have a coach you like, at the right price, it might be worth asking Newell what it would cost to upgrade it to a stacked unit. I have bought all of my coaches used and one of the downsides of buying used is sometimes you have to settle. We have found that listing priorities by how important they are to you is very important and will help you get the right coach for you.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve, Newell told us the ONLY thing they couldn't or wouldn't do is put slides in our '92. Everything else just takes a lot of cash!

Coach shows as sold.

http://www.legacycoachinc.com/Site/2001_Newell.html

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531