You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Gurus 2014 Rally Information June 23rd to 28th.

Newell Gurus 2014 Rally Information June 23rd to 28th.

We are going to have a get together at the Ozarks RV Resort on Tablerock Lake in Oak Grove, AR.

http://www.ozarksrvresortontablerocklake.com

We welcome anyone to join us no matter what kind of coach you have.
Or come visit us if you are in the area. We will be having open houses of our coaches like last year.

The date is set to start on Monday June 23rd and will officially end on Saturday June 28th.

This is a really beautiful place very close to Branson and it is on a fantastic lake as well.

It is a private ownership park and the owners have agreed to rent the spots for our rally. We currently have 34 spots reserved and there is an overflow of 10 more if we need them. All these spots will accommodate a 45' Coach. There is an area to park trailers as well, but not next to the coach.

The format will be tweaked as we get closer but will mirror our Spearfish Rally. Very casual with lots of time to visit, help each other with issues, seminars on various topics (have several tentatively lined up) and if you have any requests make it known.

We will have potlucks like last year. They were a lot of fun. Schedule to follow.

The sites are back or pull in. Due to the way the park is laid out there are no pull through sites.

We just need to call to reserve a site--no deposit necessary so no cancellation policy. They have a guy who will wash a coach for a fee. Rules & regulations--pets on a leash, no skateboards and children bike riders must wear a helmet. Golf cart rentals: 2 passenger cart is $25 a day/$125 a week. 4 passenger cart is $30 a day/$130 a week. They have a centralized area to park trailers. Boat ramp and courtesy dock for boats.

Our contact to reserve a site at the resort is Jaci (pronounced Jackie)--phone #(870) 749-2700. She knows to put coaches as close together as possible. The exception is that coach owners can request specific sites on a first come basis. They can also book multiple sites for a group, but it is requested you have names, addresses, and phone numbers of the individuals in the group.

The waterfront sites are $52 per night and the others range from #36 to $44 with most being $44.

Darlene and I will be arriving on Saturday the 21st and leaving Monday the 30th.

From the pool area south there are 34 sites available. In case of needing more there are 10 sites north of the pool we can have as an overflow.

Sites 113, 117, 120, 121 & 122 are back in waterfront sites for $52 a night.

Sites 123,124,126(owner arriving on 6-30), 127, 128, 309, 306, 305, 304 & 301 are face in waterfront sites for $52 a night.

Sites 47, 46,45, 42, 38, 24, 25, 27, 28, 29, 318, 143 & 145 are back in sites for $44 a night.

Sites 290, 293, 295(if gas grill is used, occupant must refill propane tank) & 296 are face in sites with a nice view for $44 a night.

Sites 216 & 217 are large back in sites for $36 a night.

Our overflow sites are 265, 264, 261, 247, 246, 244, 281, 285, 287 & 227.
http://www.ozarksrvresortontablerocklake...s-map.html

This will get us as close together as possible.

So, please go ahead and make your reservations. Also please let Steve Bare or me know if you plan on coming so we can add to the master attendee list.

Thanks again to Steve and Suzy for scoping the place out and working out the details with the Resort Management. (they have done almost all the work so far)

We will also need some volunteers to help with some of the planning.

If everyone is interested we will do a rally tshirt as well. Maybe we can talk our expert into doing the design again for us.

Looking forward to see you all there!

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Here are the directions to the park that will get you there from any destination. DO NOT follow your gps to Denver, AR as you will go on a dirt road & have to cross a creek!

http://www.ozarksrvresortontablerocklake...ke-326.pdf

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

I have been this route by my GPS and Russo. Got to the creek but did not cross and turn around in a field. Quite an experience. Would have been alright on the RZR but still don't think the RZR could have cross the creek. Might try again this year on the RZR.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Thanks Steve. I always have concerns about routes well off the interstate in the Newell. I have had several opportunities to unhook the Cruiser and back the Newell 1/4 mile or more down a road that piddled out before I found a place wide enough that I could even think about turning around.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Okay, our coach is 46'8", will it fit?

Gary and Susie
2005 47' Newell #729 4 slides DD 60 Allison 6 spd
2013 Ford F-150 3.5 crew cab, eco-boost twin turbo 4x4
2010 Ford Edge AWD
Black Labradoodle, "Dude"

http://nuevomexprimetime.blogspot.com
http://www.garyrgruber.blogspot.com

Yes it will fit. If you look at the park layout the sites are largest on the southern end--which is where you enter the rv site area. Using Google Earth link you can get a pretty good idea of which sites are longer & wider. Check out post #61 here.

http://newellgurus.com/Thread-Newell-Gur...sas?page=7

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Gary, let me know if you are coming in June as I keep all the information on arr/dep,sites,etc..
Hope to see you both there

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hello Gurus,

Jeff B. has done a great table rock lake gurus gathering logo.

we will be having made tshirts with it on. the shirts will not be white, but some other color tbd.

it will be like last year and be by order only so i dont get stuck paying for shirts that i dont personally want.

i will also have more hats made if i can get enough people wanting them. one of our gurus is modeling the hat in the picture below. very high quality hat. minimum order quantity was 50 to get a decent price.

we dont make money on this stuff so it is as inexpensive as possible.

i just wanted you to see them, we will ask for committments to buy once i get real prices

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Great job Jeff. Looking forward to adding another T shirt to my collection.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I want 2 and agree on a job well done Jeff

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool