You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

What's this?

It is the Hydraulic fluid cooling fan

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Hate to say Russ White got it right (just kidding Russ) but mine too is the cooler for the hydraulic system. While under the coach I did find one of the hydraulic hoses just sitting loose on a crossmember. I'll protect that hose from chafing. Mine has two electric fans mounted on the front. If some one knows the test procedure for the electric fan(s), please post.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

OK, so the transmission cooler must go through the main radiator?
Thanks!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

A lot of Guru thumbs up going out today!IdeaExclamation Forest is right. On my coach the transmission cooler is built into the engine cover end of the side radiator.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve - I tested the fans quite some time ago. I don't remember the details, but I think I simulated a high temperature in the hydraulic fluid by jumping the T/S and made sure the relays picked up and the fans ran. It was all done at the terminal panel in the rear engine compartment. If you have any trouble, just let me know and I will get it for you step by step. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ, I think all of us would like to know how to test the fan to be sure it is working.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Okay - I'll do a little writeup very soon. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

For some unknown reason mine comes on if I turn the ignition to ON but don't crank the engine. If yours does the same it would be an easy check. It is easy to hear standing by the rear tires.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

While lubing the drive shaft, I wanted to check for dirt in the HYD cooler and the fan operation so i used a gel cell battery with test leads and connected to the motors directly so I could hear and see operation.

Please be careful underneath and always use cribbing or sufficiently rated jack stands. I know this is old info but better than loosing one of our clan!!

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Gordon, that is ALWAYS an appropriate note. It is all too easy to try to save a little time by skipping important safety precautions with potentially devastating results. Trying to bench press 35,000+ pounds just isn't as much fun as it could be.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com